KamandKaj
Please log in. We would love to know who is here!!
KamandKaj
Please log in. We would love to know who is here!!
KamandKaj
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat BoxHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inR.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) CHAT
~~ NoPay RADIO ~~
~~NoPayPOKER Pros Group @ NPP~~
~~~New weekly League Games at NPP~~~
WELCOME TO KAM & KAJS FORUM....WHERE FRIENDS CAN STAY CONNECTED!!!
~~GEAUX KAJUN! YOU GOT THIS!~~

R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:16 am

Ronnie James Dio was born Ronald James Padavona in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, an only child in an Italian family. They lived in Portsmouth until the family moved to Cortland, New York early in his life.

Ronnie "throwing horns". He was widely credited as having popularized the symbol in heavy metal music.

Cancer and death

On 25 November 2009, Wendy announced that Dio was diagnosed with stomach cancer:[13]

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans. Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio. Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

On 14 March 2010, Wendy posted an online update on his condition:

"It has been Ronnie's 7th chemo, another cat scan and another endoscopy, and the results are good – the main tumour has shrunk considerably, and our visits to Houston (cancer clinic in Texas) are now every three weeks instead of every two weeks."

On May 4, Heaven and Hell announced they were cancelling all summer dates as a result of Dio's ill health.[14]

Dio died at 7:45 am (CDT) on May 16, 2010, according to official sources.[15][16][17]

Wendy said on Dio's official site:[18][19]

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."
Back to top Go down
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:22 am

Band timeline
Band Members The Vegas Kings
(1957–1958)

Ronnie and the Rumblers
(1958)

* Ronnie James Dio – bass
* Billy de Wolf – Vocals
* Nick Pantas – guitar
* Jack Musci – saxophone
* Tom Rogers – Drums

Ronnie (Dio)and the Redcaps
(1958–1961)

(The name 'Dio' was added on their second single release)

* Ronnie James Dio – Vocals/bass
* Nick Pantas – guitar
* Dick Bottoff – guitar
* Tom Rogers – Drums

Ronnie Dio and the Prophets
(1962–1967)

* Ronnie James Dio – Vocals/bass
* Nick Pantas – guitar
* Dick Bottoff – guitar
* Tom Rogers – Drums

* The Vegas Kings (1957–1958)
* Ronnie & The Ramblers (1958)
* Ronnie and the Red Caps (1958–1961)
* Ronnie Dio and the Prophets (1961–1967)
* The Electric Elves (1967–1969)
* The Elves (1969–1970)
* Elf (1970–1975)
* Rainbow (1975–1979)
* Black Sabbath (1979–1982)
* Dio (1982–1991)
* Black Sabbath (1991–1992)
* Dio (1993–2010)
* Black Sabbath (2006) (Recording of three new songs for Black Sabbath: The Dio Years)
* Heaven and Hell (2006–2010)

Dio
Ronnie James Dio · Craig Goldy · Scott Warren · Rudy Sarzo · Simon Wright
Jake E. Lee · Vivian Campbell · Rowan Robertson · Doug Aldrich · Tracy G · Jimmy Bain · Teddy Cook · Jeff Pilson · Larry Dennison · Chuck Garric · Claude Schnell · Jens Johansson · Vinny Appice
Studio albums
Holy Diver · The Last in Line · Sacred Heart · Dream Evil · Lock Up the Wolves · Strange Highways · Angry Machines · Magica · Killing the Dragon · Master of the Moon
EPs
The Dio E.P.
Live albums
Intermission · Inferno: Last in Live · Evil or Divine - Live In New York City · Holy Diver - Live
Compilations
Diamonds – The Best of Dio · Anthology · Master Series · The Very Beast of Dio · Anthology Volume Two · Stand Up and Shout: The Dio Anthology
Singles
"Holy Diver" · "Rainbow in the Dark" · "The Last in Line" · "We Rock" · "Mystery" · "Rock 'n' Roll Children" · "Hungry for Heaven" · "Dio Live" · "King of Rock and Roll" · "I Could Have Been a Dreamer" · "All the Fools Sailed Away" · "Hey Angel"
Videos
A Special From The Spectrum · Time Machine · Evil or Divine - Live In New York City · Sacred Heart "The Video" · We Rock · Holy Diver - Live
Related articles
Discography · Black Sabbath · Rainbow · Elf · Hear 'n Aid · Heaven & Hell (tour)

Rainbow
Guitar : Ritchie Blackmore
Vocals : Ronnie James Dio · Graham Bonnet · Joe Lynn Turner · Doogie White
Bass : Craig Gruber · Jimmy Bain · Mark Clarke · Bob Daisley · Roger Glover · Greg Smith
Drums : Gary Driscoll · Cozy Powell · Bobby Rondinelli · Chuck Burgi · John O'Reilly · John Miceli
Keyboards : Micky Lee Soule · Tony Carey · David Stone · Don Airey · David Rosenthal · Paul Morris
Studio albums
Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow · Rising · Long Live Rock 'n' Roll · Down to Earth · Difficult to Cure · Straight Between the Eyes · Bent Out of Shape · Stranger in Us All
EPs
Jealous Lover
Live albums
On Stage · Finyl Vinyl · Live in Germany/Live in Europe · Live in Munich 1977 · Rainbow Live at Cologne SportsHalle · Rainbow Live at Dusseldorf Philipshalle · Rainbow Live at Nurnberg Messezentrum
Compilation albums
The Best of Rainbow · The Very Best of Rainbow · 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Rainbow · Classic Rainbow · Pot of Gold · All Night Long: An Introduction · Catch the Rainbow: The Anthology · Winning Combinations: Deep Purple and Rainbow
Video albums
Live Between the Eyes/The Final Cut · Live in Munich 1977
Related articles
Discography · Deep Purple · Elf · Blackmore's Night · Black Sabbath · Martin Birch

Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne • Tony Iommi • Geezer Butler • Bill Ward
Vinny Appice • Bev Bevan • Jo Burt • Terry Chimes • Bob Daisley • Ronnie James Dio • Ian Gillan • Ray Gillen • Glenn Hughes • Tony Martin • Neil Murray • Geoff Nicholls • Cozy Powell • Bobby Rondinelli • Eric Singer • Dave Spitz • Dave Walker
Studio albums
Black Sabbath • Paranoid • Master of Reality • Black Sabbath Vol. 4 • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath • Sabotage • Technical Ecstasy • Never Say Die! • Heaven and Hell • Mob Rules • Born Again • Seventh Star • The Eternal Idol • Headless Cross • Tyr • Dehumanizer • Cross Purposes • Forbidden
Live albums
Live Evil • Cross Purposes Live • Reunion • Past Lives • Live at Hammersmith Odeon
Compilations
We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll • The Sabbath Stones • Symptom of the Universe: The Original Black Sabbath 1970–1978 • Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970–1978) • Greatest Hits 1970–1978 • The Dio Years • The Rules of Hell
Unofficial albums
Club Sonderauflage • Live at Last • The Sabbath Collection • The Ozzy Osbourne Years • Under Wheels of Confusion • The Best of Black Sabbath
Singles
"Evil Woman" • "N.I.B." • "The Wizard" • "Paranoid" • "Iron Man" • "War Pigs" • "Fairies Wear Boots" • "Sweet Leaf" • "Children of the Grave" • "After Forever" • "Changes" • "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" • "Symptom of the Universe" • "Rock 'n' Roll Doctor" • "Dirty Women" • "Never Say Die!" • "Neon Knights" • "Die Young" • "The Mob Rules" • "Turn Up the Night" • "Trashed" • "No Stranger to Love" • "TV Crimes" • "Psycho Man" • "The Devil Cried"
Videos
Never Say Die • Black and Blue • The Black Sabbath Story, Vol. 1 • The Black Sabbath Story, Vol. 2 • The Last Supper • Inside Black Sabbath - 1970-1992 • Black Sabbath's Paranoid • Rock Review • In Their Own Words • Hangin' with Heaven and Hell
Related articles
Discography • Members • Heaven & Hell (tour) • Mythology • In These Black Days • In These Black Days: A Tribute to Black Sabbath Vol. 1 • Nativity in Black • Born Again Tour 1983

Heaven & Hell
Ronnie James Dio · Tony Iommi · Geezer Butler · Vinny Appice
Studio albums
The Devil You Know
Live albums
Live from Radio City Music Hall
Singles
"Bible Black"
Tours
2007 Tour · Metal Masters Tour · Bible Black Tour
Black Sabbath · Dio · Scott Warren · "Heaven and Hell" · The Rules of Hell

Was an American heavy metal vocalist and songwriter. He performed with Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, and his own band Dio. Other musical projects include the collective fundraiser Hear 'n Aid. He was widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal,[1] renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He was collaborating on a project with former Black Sabbath bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice, under the moniker Heaven & Hell, whose first and only studio album, The Devil You Know, was released on April 28, 2009.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_James_Dio
Back to top Go down
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:47 am

R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) L_ed5c96028623451e921ca9c00f1a74c1
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) L_a0c455361cac46e590eba641a79401ec
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Diogp3
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Dio_photo1
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Dio_last_in_line_pc
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Dio_holy_river_pc
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Dio_holy_diver_woven_patchR.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) 41yJX0zer3L_SS500_
R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Ronnie_James_Dio_-12332
Back to top Go down
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:51 am

Back to top Go down
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:04 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)   R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. - Ronnie James Dio (born Ronald James Padavona; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KamandKaj :: Show Us What You Got! :: Our Musical Department-
Jump to: