KamandKaj
Please log in. We would love to know who is here!!
KamandKaj
Please log in. We would love to know who is here!!
KamandKaj
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat BoxHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inAntibiotic  Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries. CHAT
~~ NoPay RADIO ~~
~~NoPayPOKER Pros Group @ NPP~~
~~~New weekly League Games at NPP~~~
WELCOME TO KAM & KAJS FORUM....WHERE FRIENDS CAN STAY CONNECTED!!!
~~GEAUX KAJUN! YOU GOT THIS!~~

Antibiotic Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kamraladympr

kamraladympr

Antibiotic  Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries. Empty
PostSubject: Antibiotic Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries.   Antibiotic  Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:00 pm

The Potent Antibiotic Levaquin Has Been Tied to Painful Tendon Ruptures and Other Injuries

Levaquin (generic levofloxacin) is a powerful, prescription antibiotic made by Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical that has been linked to an increased risk of tendon ruptures, tendonitis, and other serious injuries. As part of the group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones, Levaquin is commonly used to treat bacterial infections of the sinuses, skin, lungs, ears, airways, bones, and joints. Tendons can rupture quickly, within hours of taking Levaquin, or the injury may take weeks to develop. In some cases, patients feel pain and notice swelling or bruising in the area of the tendon, but some patients report seeing no symptoms of problems before they are injured.

You May Be Entitled to Compensation
FDA Warns Users of Levaquin About Risk of Tendon Ruptures

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration in July 2008 ordered Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical to add prominent "Black Box" warnings about the risks of tendon ruptures and tendonitis to the packaging of Levaquin. The FDA required the drug manufacturer to further alert patients, pharmacists and physicians of the increased risk of such injuries after taking the drug.

Although the FDA said many of the injuries could be avoided if patients stopped taking the drug at the first sign of pain or swelling in the tendon and notified their physicians, some injured patients experienced no pain or swelling in the tendon before suffering their injuries.
Other Antibiotic Brands Linked to Tendon Injuries

In addition to Levaquin, the following brands of antibiotics have also been associated with painful tendon ruptures, tendonitis, and torn tendons:

* Cipro (ciprofloxacin or ciprofloxacin hydrochloride), made by Bayer HealthCare
   * Avelox (moxifloxacin hydrochloride), made by Bayer HealthCare

Other Common Antibiotic Injuries

The use of Levaquin and other fluoroquinolone antibiotics has also been linked to injuries including:

* Swelling of the throat and face
   * Difficulty swallowing or breathing
   * Irregular heartbeat
   * Tingling sensation in the extremities
   * Hives
   * Loss of consciousness

If you or a loved one suffered a ruptured tendon, tendonitis, or other injury while taking Levaquin, we encourage you to seek legal help.
Important Case Information

* denotes required fields

* Were you prescribed any of the following; Levaquin? Yes No

* Did you suffer any of the following injuries after taking medication; Tendon Rupture, Tendonitis, Torn Ligaments? Yes No

* Date Started Medication

* Date Stopped Medication

* Did injury symptoms begin within 60 days of last use? Yes No

Approximate Date of Injury Diagnosis:

* Did you see a doctor? Yes No

Comment/Describe your injuries:
Contact Information

* First Name

* Last Name

* Email Address

* Phone Number

* Street Address

* City

* State

* Zip Code

Best time to reach you AM PM

By leaving this box checked, I agree to receive future advertisements from Ethix Marketing LLC and its affiliate partners.

I agree that submitting this form and the information contained within does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I agree that my information will be reviewed by more than one attorney and/or law firm.

I agree that the information that I will receive in response to the above question is general information and I will not be charged for the response to this e-mail question. I further understand that the law for each state may vary, and therefore, I will not rely upon this information as legal advice. Since this matter may require advice regarding my home state, I agree that local counsel may be contacted for referral of this matter.

http://levaquinlegalad.com/index.php?CID=29956&AFID=59937&SID=EZBSFLevaq20100618rc1yclY&DID=128151#back
Back to top Go down

Antibiotic Levaquin Linked to Unexpected Tendon Injuries.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KamandKaj :: Benefits,Charities,Lawsuits,Petitions,Etc.. :: What Our Members Support And Participate In..-
Jump to: